Days 10-13 of Creative Bug's 31 Day Daily Portrait Challenge
Welcome to days 11-13 of the challenge. Hey! What about day 10? Turns out I sorta already did that when I stole the technicolor haired man to test my new colored pencils. So I'm counting that done.
So Day 11: Cross Hatching Lite and Dark. All done in colored pencil. No sketching and erasing. Grumble. Start with lite green getting the rudimentary outline of the face n glasses and the lightest shading, graduated to orange for medium shading and finally purple for the darkest. She did 4 shades. I did three. The one time I am a minimalist.ish. Did I enjoy this exercise? Not really. BUT I am happy that I didn't sham short and wide the woman's face. Improvement.
Day 12. More Cross Hatching. Was I excited? No. Did I do it? YES! I could not abandon darling Charlotte (the teacher). Onward!
Day13: Five Minute Self-Portrait. A lady in my watercolor class asked me if I had done a self portrait yet. No I hadn't. Then I said I think I will within a day or two. The day has come. Again, not thrilled. at the prospect of drawing my face. I hope I draw myself like I am a princess! Will I? Let's see:
Nope not a princess. Rats! I sorta look like Oprah. The left one?? LOL 5 minutes people. My face is very old and fat. Meh.



Comments
Post a Comment