Stuff I Entered Into the Festival
Thought I'd break up the portrait work with festival pics. I forgot to show you what I entered into the festival. 2 you have already seen. They are the two pics I use for my blog. I'm not going to show them all. Maybe another day. A side note: As I was looking for these pictures on my computer (a task) I noticed that aside from process art pics and pics of off roading with Jann and Randy, I take a LOT of pictures of Mark sleeping on the couch. Maybe because he says he never does fall asleep on the couch or maybe because I am a bitch. Who knows. Well, you probably know. OK back to the pics.
This is a fabric mosaic of Amy Winehouse. You can see my hand there. Imagine how small those pieces were.
Heron. Not really an entry, but was hung as part of the collection we made to show people coming through what we do in our Southern Utah Fiber Artists (SUFA) group. It was a challenge piece. We were challenged to make a fiber art piece from some blue tie fabric. I used it in the wing. It was great fun. We will be doing it again this year - they just don't know it yet.
Haha. I found this picture while searching. It is the Military Man from Collateral Damage after I put him in the penalty box for scaring the hell out of me one night. I had him up on the dining table on top of another table with a net underneath. I was trying to figure out how I wanted him presented in the festival. Well we were out the next evening and came home and all I saw was the silhouette of him. I thought it was a real man and I shrieked. Mark... mad. Into the box he went. But isn't that menacing still? Or at least creepy?
Another felted piece. Fox in the field. It was a kit by Sarafina. I made mine slightly different than she does in her tutorial, but all the same it is her design. If you want to try your hand at felting, I heartily recommend her YouTube tutorials and recommend buying a kit from her. Why? The kits are very generous wool wise, the quality is terrific and if you use the tutorial, you will have exactly what she calls for. It is worth it. Also, if you are in the SW of Utah and want an in person lesson on any sort of felting, Debbie Hussey is a certified instructor through Sarafina. She is very good. She taught me to felt. Here is a link to her ETSY. You can find her on Instagram too.





Comments
Post a Comment