Fineliner and Watercolor
I don't know why I have not thought about using a black fine liner with watercolor. They are waterfast. I wouldn't want to use it all the time and it is a solid no no for the Dixie Watercolor Society, but I am painting for myself and my neighbor passerby enjoyment. Why not experiment. So I did. I enjoyed it very much. Exhibit A. I don't think this was the final outcome, but you get the picture. I am too lazy to go snap a pic. Sorry. Its like 40 steps and computer stuff. So here we are, you get the picture.😆
So I did another one. I added some gel pen. Call me wild. Only a little. The dogs are getting out of the water, standing and sprawled. The man is fishing. There was some confusion about those things in my household. We have had dogs and we fish. How this was a confusing thing?? Hubs said "the dog is dead and the other is unfinished?" At least he is examining it carefully. Stairs are harder than I thought. A lady in my fiber arts group (Paulette) mentioned that when she was showing her beautiful fiber art piece. She was right. I will include a picture of her art piece. It is going to be featured in a big show. I will talk about that when the time comes.
Finally, the favorite of both family and friends the little peony adorned geisha. I found an AI made picture on the net. I used it and modified it to suit me. The gold in her jewelry is metallic gel pen and in the sun they are so lovely. I used metallic watercolor on her feathers. The rest of her is watercolor. I used a fineliner on her (black) and and bought a new fineliner in sepia and used it in the jewelry. It was not waterfast. Grumble. It get blurry but keeps a line sort of. Still, for the right application it would be fun to use.
I will continue to use the fineliner. Not all the time, but it adds a little something . Really enjoyed it.
Paulette's fiber art piece:
I didn't get the best picture obviously. It is an indian woman sitting on stairs. It is gorgeous. She is such a talent and sees things in fabrics others don't. I will let you know where this is being shown and when later. I think you can zoom.
OK we will talk later. Maybe. Unless you are more than 40 paces from me. Then all bets are off. Now I have to go find some thread for Cheryl. 40 paces away. The things I do for that lady!




Comments
Post a Comment