Portrait challenge days 17-19

 A word of warning.  These three days are not great and I think I am going backwards since I did my self portrait.  I haven't verified that by going back to look at them, but I have a feeling AND my husband has been crinkling his nose and not seeing the resemblance when I trot the days work out in front of him.  I am still shortening the faces. Grumble.

Never the less, here we are:

D17 Stacy. A simple ink fine liner on pantone card.  I do not have a pantone card so I swatched out some watercolor squares and drew on them.  The yellow lady is Stacy, then her other friend WHO I neglected to write down and my memory is mush and then (trust me) bottom one is Frida Kahlo.  You'd think I would have Frida's face down.  I have drawn and drawn and drawn and mosaic pieced her.  But no. I think part of the problem is that with ink there is no going back and revising.  I am a reviser. I usually draw in pencil and fix what is off.  Maybe the no going back method stops the revising.  You really just have to live with the mess.

Reference photo

 


Pantone cartoons

Moving on to preserve sanity and your vision:

Day 18 Pablo Picasso.  You will recognize him from the striped shirt.  Not the zombie head.  NO?  Maybe you think it is zombie Kevin Spacey?  That was the husband's guess.  I sort of thought he either looked like zombie Mr. Roper or zombie Bibi Netanyahu.  But no.  It is Zombie Pablo.  There is consensus in the house that I got the head shape wrong.  But that is the default consensus position.  I think I got the length right.  Miracle.  I have nothing else to say. Sorry Paloma.  Is she still alive? Oh the object was pen on top of a not real color for a head and then broad black. I did the shirt in posca markers.  Why not?

 

Image of Norman Fell | Three's Company Wiki | Fandom

Kevin Spacey (@KevinSpacey) / Posts / X

You decide. Pablo, Mr. Roper or Creepy Kevin?

 

Day 19

 

  I want to say that this is Gerard.  A shortened head of Gerard.  AGAIN. I think I am tired and punchy.  If I had more time maybe the head would be long enough.  BUT frankly, he looks happier in my drawing.  So Gerard, if you see this AND that is your name.  I am sorry and you are welcome. TASK: Detailed line drawing with a pen and then go berzerker with gouache.  Which I was happy to do, because I hardly ever use my gouache paints.  I love yellow!  Incidentally, I put Gerard up in my studio window.  He is the second most commented painting.  I have put what I think are beautiful paintings out there.  Gerard is the winner. People love you Gerard. Maybe its the happy face I gave him.

Comments